Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dinner Time

In need of a kitchen table, I just couldn't find one that I loved enough to "makeover." I went shopping around and finally found one at Walmart along with a matching bench that I really liked. I envisioned 4 chairs to complete the set, all black with matching material, yet different styles to give the whole thing character. I was lucky enough to find 3 great chairs at Goodwill, and I repainted the one chair I already had planned for the set. Now instead of just liking the whole set I absolutely LOVE it!


Here were the chairs I found at Gooodwill. The one on the left ended up breaking in a weird place, and so I was forced to find another. Luckily it only took me two 50% off Saturdays to do so. I was unfortunate that the new chair I found had a defective cushion, and so I was forced to take the cushion from the broken one -- a process that in all took me over and hour... A very, very long and frustration hour!



I used a paint that was suggested from another blog... Benjamin Moore! I was told that it required no prep work; just clean the wood and paint! LIED TO!!! However the prep work wasn't horrible, and I think the whole set turned out great!


No comments:

Post a Comment